Thursday, May 23, 2013
Radio Frequency Chart
Heat Racing Info
History of IMPBA
William E. LeFeber Award
Reset Text Size
Forgot your password?
Forgot your username?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
TOPIC: Sport 20
2 years, 5 months ago
Does the engine on the sport 20 have to be covered?
Want to try a air cooled engine if possible.
Re: Sport 20
2 years, 5 months ago
I am not a sport 20 racer but figured i would chime in.
Below are the rules and based on the rules i would say "Yes" you can run and open engine. But you need to some how dress that open engine to resemble a engine that should be in the full scale version .... ya know its gotta look like a real boat, that's what the rules say.
Sportsman 20 Hydro (Sport 20 Hydro)
1. Boat must be inboard powered.
2. Hull must be a three (3) point hydroplane configuration and resemble a limited or
unlimited hydroplane design of past or present. Hulls not permitted: outrigger,
modified outrigger, tunnels, or canard hulls.
3. Boat must have a name, or sponsor's name, or logo, or a racing number affixed to the
hull. (a local or national or fictitious sponsor name is acceptable).
4. Hull shall have a minimum length of 27 inches, and a maximum length of 35 inches.
5. If the bow is recessed behind the tips of the sponsons, that recess shall be no larger
than 25% of the overall length of the boat. (refer to Sport Hull Configurations)
6. Boat must have a driver in open cockpit or simulated enclosed cockpit.
7. A strut width no greater than 9/16 inch wide may be mounted either under the hull
or on the transom with the farthest end of the drive dog, as measured from the
transom not extending out more than 3 inches.
8. See Sport Hull pictorial for clarification of Sport Hull Configurations.
1. IMPBA class B engine allowed in Sportsman 20 Hydro.
2. Twin engine installations are not allowed in Sportsman 20 Hydro.
Racing to be conducted following current IMPBA Contest and Racing Rules, racing
procedures and format.
Hope im correct in the way I am reading the rules.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Paul Bychowski.
... General Questions
... Members For-Sale
... District 1
... District 2
... District 3
... District 4
... District 5
... District 6
... District 7
... District 12
... District 13
... District 14
... Records Section
... National Gas Director
... Fast Electrics
... Technical Section
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Designed by MGB Web Design
Login / New Members
Username or email
No account yet?