Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FE Director candidates

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #372

Doug Smock wrote:
We don't really need to complicate things do we? Both candidates are here, let's have them answer the questions and get this going! It may spawn some more questions and or interest. Besides, apparently Randall's email isn't working.
I say let's rock if we're going to, or let this grape die on the vine.
Thanks fellas,
Doug

I just thought it would be better to have each candidate respond to the questions without seeing each other’s reply. If we just have them post here, the second person to reply has an advantage in answering the questions having seen the first candidate’s reply. If they have to submit their responses to a third party, the third party can post both replies at one time, thus eliminating that advantage.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #373

I have no problem answering the questions first. I don't see it as a disadvantage at all. Just say the word.

Chris

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #374

Cool. Let's give people a few more days to post questions and then we will have you guys respond.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #375

• Doug Smock
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Sean,
This thread has been here for five days and 20 hours. It has had 129 views and there are only three questions for both candidates, and one additional for Randall.
Is there a reason for the delay? Are these guys only going to respond to a single set of questions?

Doug Smock wrote:
Both candidates are here, let's have them answer the questions and get this going! It may spawn some more questions and or interest.

Thanks fellas,
Doug

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #376

I agree with Doug,

This thread is basically dead. I see no reason to delay.

Lets move forward.

Bill Britton.
Impba 20666S

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #377

Sorry guys, I just thought that it would be advantageous to have a format for things like this. I would like to set some precedence with how we handle future candidate discussions here on the IMPBA forum.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #378

Here is one of my questions/concerns.

My expectations for an IMPBA FE Director would be that this person communicates with and then represents the interests of all the FE racers. To do this correctly this person has to reach outside his club and or district to communicate. Not saying this person has to travel outside his area but he must communicate on a regular basis outside his area. My question to the 2 candidates is to what means of communication they envision using and how often we could expect this connection.

Doug

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #379

Well... since everyone seems to be in agreement to move this forward and I volunteered
to be first let me first address the question and concern about what I as a candidate envision for growing FE in the IMPBA. Doug Peterson brings up a very good point and I wish I could have posted my answer before he posted his concerns because now it will just look like I'm pandering to what he said in his post.lol B)

I do think communication between Districts and the FE Director is key to be able to move forward in a united way. I think we can all learn from one another and no one District should feel like their on an island all alone. We are all part of a bigger community. When one feels like they belong to something bigger than just what's going on locally it builds enthusiasm. There are obviously Districts that already have a good FE program going. Wouldn't it be nice to hear and see what they are doing and how their points series for the year went on a District by District basis in articles in the Roostertail? I know there are already District reports but they rarely touch on FE. What I'm talking about doing would be FE specific coverage. This in turn could spur on burgeoning FE interests in Districts that do not yet have an FE racing program but have folks that already have FE boats or at least an interest.
I plan on accomplishing this by keeping in contact with every DD by phone,e-mail, and where appropriate here on this forum. I think I will probably do this at least 6 times a year, more if there is a need to help new interest grow. I also think it's important to have a District FE Director for every District.
The bottom line is this; what we do is supposed to be fun. If others see how much fun we are having they will want to join in too.

I do have past experience in this regard when I served as D3 Director in NAMBA.
I wrote articles for every issue of the PropWash while I held the position and I also published at my own expense a District News Letter several times a year. I am volunteering , my time and resources to accomplish these goals.

As for self righting boats.
Here are the current rules:

J-4 Fast electrics
In addition to the IMPBA racing rules the following racing rules will also apply
to fast electric.
1. During a race start, a boat cannot stop. Doing so will result in a one
lap penalty. A boat will be considered as stopped when,
a. the boat falls off plane or step allowing the bow to settle into the
water.
b.turns upside down for any reason even if it is a self-righting boat.
c. a “barrel roll”, “end over end flip” or “spin” is not a stopping
infraction unless the boat fails to continue forward motion but
maybe grounds for a lane infraction.
2. Once the race has started, a boat that stops for any reason will be
called as a stopped boat by the contest director and allowed a five
count to continue racing. At the contest directors discretion, a stopped
boat may immediately be called as a dead boat if warranted. A
stopped boat that fails to continue racing after the five count will now
be called as a dead boat. A boat that stops three or more times during a
heat will be assessed as a dead boat for the heat. When a boat is called
as a ‘stopped boat’ it is also considered to be a ‘dead boat’, which
must be avoided by other boats on the water. When a stopped boat is
capable of resuming the race it must give ‘right of way’ to other boats
on the water as described in the Contest & Racing Rules.

I believe this rule is adequate and fair and should be followed.

As for the Limited classes
There are no official IMPBA rules on the books for these classes.
Districts are free to run what works for them in regards to motors and speed controllers. Most all are running the same motors but some Districts are keeping with the “stock” Aquacraft or Proboat ESC’s. Others, have no limits on the ESC. So if you want to race , you need to find out what their allowing in your particular District.

Thanks for your time,
Chris
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Chris harris.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #380

• Don Ferrette
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Well I wanted to weigh in on this with a Q or two but I can't help feel we are comparing apples and oranges in the two candidates. On one side we have Chris, an extremely active FE boater very much in tune with the latest in the FE world being both a racer and record trials guy. Chris was over the top helpful in me getting my start with the FE boats, answered every question I had promptly and offering many suggestions that dramatically accelerated my learning curve. On the other side we have Randall who has been pretty much non existent in recent times in the IMPBA FE scene. We have been really strong in getting FE going here in D12 especially with the P-Limited classes and it has been the same for our neighbors D13. We even received kudos from the National FE Director for all we were doing to promote FE but there was just one problem....... it wasn't from the IMPBA National FE Director. The words of praise came from the NAMBA FE Director!! NAMBA!!! Not a peep from our IMPBA FE Director. Nothing. Zip, zilch, zero, nadda! And this person wants to run again for the position?? Really?? Sorry folks but I have to be honest and straight up in how I feel, I mean no ills whatsoever towards Randall as a person but as for the FE Director position I think we need someone who has his finger on the pulse of FE in the IMPBA and based on the track record over last couple years I just don't see the re-electing the current FE Director as the right choice.

Off my soapbox now............

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 9 months ago #381

Don Ferrette wrote:
Well I wanted to weigh in on this with a Q or two but I can't help feel we are comparing apples and oranges in the two candidates. On one side we have Chris, an extremely active FE boater very much in tune with the latest in the FE world being both a racer and record trials guy. Chris was over the top helpful in me getting my start with the FE boats, answered every question I had promptly and offering many suggestions that dramatically accelerated my learning curve. On the other side we have Randall who has been pretty much non existent in recent times in the IMPBA FE scene. We have been really strong in getting FE going here in D12 especially with the P-Limited classes and it has been the same for our neighbors D13. We even received kudos from the National FE Director for all we were doing to promote FE but there was just one problem....... it wasn't from the IMPBA National FE Director. The words of praise came from the NAMBA FE Director!! NAMBA!!! Not a peep from our IMPBA FE Director. Nothing. Zip, zilch, zero, nadda! And this person wants to run again for the position?? Really?? Sorry folks but I have to be honest and straight up in how I feel, I mean no ills whatsoever towards Randall as a person but as for the FE Director position I think we need someone who has his finger on the pulse of FE in the IMPBA and based on the track record over last couple years I just don't see the re-electing the current FE Director as the right choice.

Off my soapbox now............

What he said...
Moderators: Chris harris
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

MGBBanner1