Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FE Director candidates

FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #362

Seeing as how we have two people vying for the fast electric director I think that we should come up with a few questions for them to answer. What say you FE members of the IMPBA community? Is this a good idea? What questions should we ask and how should the candidates respond?... Via written response in the roostertail?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #363

• Doug Smock
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Sean,
We asked the current Director to get involved seven months ago on this forum and still haven't heard from him.
impba.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&It...view&catid=28&id=306
I have sent him several emails over the last year, and as of this morning they are still un answered. Personally, I don't have the time to entertain anymore of this.
Randall has made it clear that he no longer has the time that this position deserves.

While I thank Randall for his sevice in the past, Chris Harris will get my support for National Fast Electric Director.
We need someone that is actively involved.

Thanks,
Doug
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Doug Smock. Reason: sp

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #364

Morning Guys,

I do think Sean comes up with a good point. It would be nice to understand the view points of the canidates. We all are well aware of the current flux of FE powered boats, as well as the continued advancements in technology. Just think what has happen over the last three years... I am sure changes in the FE world will continue to change over the next three years. An understanding of the "vision" would be a healthy conversation.

Later,
Mike Ball

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #365

I’ll get the ball rolling. Here are a few questions I thought of…

What do you see as the best way to grow FE participation in IMPBA over the next several years?

How do you feel about self-righting FE boats in heat racing?

NOTE: If you are a candidate viewing this thread, please do not respond to any questions at this time.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #366

I was sure I voted online before but don't see a ballot for this besides the one in the Roostertail. I would like to know about plans for updated FE rules. For example P-spec (or limited),P, and off shore as far as motors and ESC's are concerned.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #367

Sean Kewley wrote:

NOTE: If you are a candidate viewing this thread, please do not respond to any questions at this time.

As Sean has indicated in his post, I will watch.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #368

• Doug Smock
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Randall,
Welcome to the Fast Electrics forum.

I'd still like answers to the questions I asked you back in Sept? 2010 via email.
If you no longer have them, I'd be happy to send them to you again, or post them here if you prefer that. ;) Please let me know.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 404-308-4011

With all due respect,
Given that past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior,I am interested in knowing how you can assure the membership (including D3,12,and 13) that they can trust they will be able to communicate with you (in a timely mannor) after the election, if you are re elected?

Thank you sir,
Doug

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #369

Well.. I guess I'm watching too, then. B)

Chris

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #370

Great! Both candidates are listening. Let's give it a few more days to see if anyone else has some questions to add. Then we can discuss how to have you guys reply.

In the interest of fairness, we should set a specific time for submission. Submission could be via email to a neutral third party. I will volunteer for this if no one has any objections. The third party can then post each candidate's reply here.

What say you IMPBA FE community? Does this sound acceptable?

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 11 months ago #371

• Doug Smock
  • Senior Boarder
We don't really need to complicate things do we? Both candidates are here, let's have them answer the questions and get this going! It may spawn some more questions and or interest. Besides, apparently Randall's email isn't working.
I say let's rock if we're going to, or let this grape die on the vine.
Thanks fellas,
Doug
Moderators: Chris harris
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

MGBBanner1