Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FE Director candidates

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #401

I have been building and running FE boats for quite some time and have never run nitro or gas. So with some encouragement from some D-12 and D-13 folks I joined the IMPBA and ODMBA in D-12 for the 2010 season and raced FE with B-mono and 20 rigger on a local level and at the district race hosted by ODMBA Which also had a P-mono class. We were lucky enough to have Dick Loeb, Mike Chirrillo, and a few others in the district along with Doug Smock from D-13 help to bring FE into the forefront of IMPBA racing here. I didn't get to race this year because of local pond problems and a work schedule that didn't allow me to travel. I was ready though as I had built boats for P-mono, P-spec hydro, and P-spec tunnel. I am looking forward to 2012 and a new tunnel for this along with the aforementioned classes. I have talked to Mike Chirrillo, D-12 FE Director, about some changes for 2012. I agree "spec" is not the right term to use but "limited" is. I would like to see motors and controllers limited by size/kv and amps. This way folks are not limited to products from 1 or 2 manufacturers.It would be nice if we could agree on some of things on a national level so that races would not be limited to folks from any 1 district. It was nice to have Doug and Paul come up to the D-12 race last year and help with the FE racing and awareness for us.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Charles Genge.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #402

• Doug Smock
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Chuck thanks for the kind words.

Randall, I'll let you get back to your friends and won't take up anymore of your precious time.

Just for the record since it came up again, I am a huge fan of NOT making the limited classes official classes, and certainly don't want any part of them for records.
I don't think we want to experience what the other org. is going through.

Thanks all,
Doug
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Doug Smock.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #406

• Don Ferrette
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
"To Don F., I knew you guy are running FE over there but you never called me for any direction and lets just leave it at that."

Since I’m active in communicating with my electronic geek friends, it leaves little time to respond to individuals on a daily basis

Seriously Randall?? That is the best you can do? The last thing we needed from you was direction, don't flatter yourself as both districts were and still are rockin' the FE house without any help from you whatsoever. What this organization needed from YOU was to get the word out to the members in other districts about this hugely successful thing we did in D12 and D13 to possibly expand and foster FE in their areas. I guess you need to get back to your geek friends and leave things to those a tad more focused on growth of FE. I'm truly amazed you even put that in print. Whatever, done with this as the recent track record speaks for itself.

And as for national P-limited rules? No thanks as this should stay as guidelines for a stepping stone to allow districts to get members familiar with FE without spending a fortune and tweak it for what works for them. For us the motor/esc limits are doing great with nobody burnin' down equipment.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Don Ferrette.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #411

Don Ferrette wrote:
"To Don F., I knew you guy are running FE over there but you never called me for any direction and lets just leave it at that."

Since I’m active in communicating with my electronic geek friends, it leaves little time to respond to individuals on a daily basis

Seriously Randall?? That is the best you can do? The last thing we needed from you was direction, don't flatter yourself as both districts were and still are rockin' the FE house without any help from you whatsoever. What this organization needed from YOU was to get the word out to the members in other districts about this hugely successful thing we did in D12 and D13 to possibly expand and foster FE in their areas. I guess you need to get back to your geek friends and leave things to those a tad more focused on growth of FE. I'm truly amazed you even put that in print. Whatever, done with this as the recent track record speaks for itself.

And as for national P-limited rules? No thanks as this should stay as guidelines for a stepping stone to allow districts to get members familiar with FE without spending a fortune and tweak it for what works for them. For us the motor/esc limits are doing great with nobody burnin' down equipment.

Don, please don't take what I said wrong. By limited I was hoping to open up more options for folks wanting to race. Motor size/kv and controller amp limits open up the field of choices and will lower the costs for folks wanting to get into this. I can buy 2 T60's for the cost of 1 AQ60 and this is the point I was trying to make. I was in no way trying to create an advantage whatsoever. Also I was only trying to level the field between districts so folks from 1 district knew what to expect in another district if they wanted to race. Different rules for different districts will lead to isolation for all the districts... you might as well build a wall to keep others out.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Charles Genge.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #412

Charles Genge wrote: Different rules for different districts will lead to isolation for all the districts... you might as well build a wall to keep others out.[/quote]

I’m not sure that I agree with that statement.

The majority of FE racers don’t travel outside of their districts. Those that do travel outside have found that the rules are pretty much the same everywhere with the exception of limited ESCs. When we travel to these venues we will bring one of the allowed ESCs for that race. If you can afford to travel, chances are you can afford to buy an additional $90 ESC if you don’t already have one in your boat(s).

IMPBA has enough FE classes. Besides, racers in both Orgs are already complaining about having too many classes. The P-Ltd classes are great! They are fast, they are reasonably affordable, and they are a good place for crossovers to get their feet wet. I think that we will see more involvement in the open P classes as a result. Let’s start pushing the open P class. There are many affordable motors and ESCs available now that make an open P boat more affordable than the P-Ltd boat.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Sean Kewley.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #413

• Doug Smock
  • Senior Boarder
Guys this would be good stuff for the thread that we couldn't get Randall involved in.
impba.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&It...mit=10&limitstart=10

I know this is going to suprise some people but I have opinions on this stuff. :laugh: :laugh:

Should we start a new thread, go back to the old one, or continue this here? :S
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Doug Smock.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #416

Sean Kewley wrote:
I think that we will see more involvement in the open P classes as a result. Let’s start pushing the open P class. There are many affordable motors and ESCs available now that make an open P boat more affordable than the P-Ltd boat.

I have been pushing the P classes here in the D3 area this past year. The Ltd classes have been fairly well attended when the trees have been beaten. Of course this has been in Namba sanctioned events but there have been some push back from the local Namba D3 officials. It seems they are not so FE friendly as they would seem. This has made many potential/possible FE boaters leery.

I will personally be making suggestions to the Namba D3 clubs that will listen to at least become dual sanctioned, If not change over to Impba entirely. There are two clubs I have contacted that would consider it.

PS* Edited to reflect Doug's post below.

/B
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by William Britton.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #417

• Doug Smock
  • Senior Boarder
Be careful using the word "open". You guys are talking about "P" classes right?
Open as used above would imply any hull type. ;)

D.

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #426

Congrats to Chris Harris, our new FE Director!

Re: FE Director candidates 2 years 8 months ago #427

• Doug Smock
  • Senior Boarder
Congratulations Chris!!! :)

Randall, thank you for your past service to the Fast Electric membership! B)

Doug
Moderators: Chris harris
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

MGBBanner1