Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2011 Race Schedule

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 4 weeks ago #187

For What it's worth.
I think we should tackle our issues 1 at a time. We have 3 major issues to resolve, RTR rules, Race Schedule and Points Championship Series.

The RTR rules are well on their way to being ironed out thanks to Jeff and Mike. That should be settled in the next couple of weeks.

The next item for resolution should be the race schedule. Most of the races on the schedule are "Traditional" date (weekend) races. If a club needs an extra date they need to work around the traditional dates and the Nats. The Propnuts agreed to move their race to a July date to accommodate the Nitro Nats. (By the way, that race will not be on the same weekend as the Can Am race. That date was selected and requested before D-2 posted their schedule and has since been changed)

The final order of business can be the Points Series. The Points Series has no connection to the race schedule. Once the Points Series procedures are settled on, the clubs can decide whether they will have a Points Series race or not. If they choose to have one, they will be committing to have certain events, report the results of those events in a timely manner and pay any fees if applicable. If the Points Series is setup properly it can be advantageous (through increased participation) for the clubs to have a series race.

Let the District VP (whomever it may be) lead us through the resolution of these issues. Last I checked, it don't pay much so bear with them. It's 7 months to our first D-14 race so we have time to get it right.
Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 4 weeks ago #190

Mike you are right on,we need to get one thing done at a time. RTR is just a couple weeks away,then we can get the schedule settled soon after.It is important to have the schedule ready by December 1st so guys can plan days off.Mike

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 4 weeks ago #192

Just a few thoughts for the series.

1. All racers that race district 14 events and series classes are automaticlly entered into the point series at no cost to them.

2. The clubs that wish to host Point Series races will collect an additional dollar amount for boats registered in the series classes.

3. Hosting clubs will pay a determined fee set by a vote of district 14 club presidents. This amount will determine the individual boat fee collected.

ie; RTR 8 boats registered 2.00 per boat collected = 16 dollars x 7 events =119.00

One thing that could cut cost is to award first place trophies only. The next hot topic would be which races are points races. I know from talking to people this year most would like to see the option of being able to drop one series event out of their points for the season. I think this is a big issue with most people because of travel cost and vacation time.

I know this is multi tasking but these are a few things I heard during the season.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by Marion Farmer.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 4 weeks ago #193

I would think Mike will open a new thread about the Points Series when he is ready to deal with it.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 3 weeks ago #202

So whats the word on the 2011 race scedule. There are many districts that already have a schedule set for 2011. All the clubs in D14 need to get together and go ahead and bite the schedule issue in the butt. It shouldn't take this long. That way everybody can go ahead and start planning for what races they are going to next year.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 3 weeks ago #203

I have most of the dates,but sent an email out to the clubs for a confirmation on dates. Soon as I get them back I will start a schedule thread then a series thread when we have the RTR rules done Mike

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 3 weeks ago #206

Not to sound like a jerk but what does RTR voting have to do with getting a set schedule going. I know u guys are wanting to do one thing at a time but I see no other reason why. The PropNuts and Quad Counties Club have got together and already decided on what races they are wanting to do that doesn't conflict with other races. I'm sure the Prop Walkers Club know what races they want that doesn't conflict with other races. Everybody has chosen a date from what I know of thats non conflicting with each other.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 3 weeks ago #208

You are correct but im still waiting on one club to answer. Some clubs must hold a meeting to agree or disagree on dates. It should be done soon. Another reason as d-14 director an election has taken place and if a new director comes in I dont want to get everything changed again. So we wait till we get that answer.......

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 3 weeks ago #209

Good enough for me.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 4 years 1 week ago #229

I have the new schedule ready to post 2011 D-14 RACES May 14-15 RCRC Evansville June 4-5 Driftwood Celina June 11 Quad Counties Sellersburg June 18-19 RCRC Evansville June 25 Prop Walkers Madison July 16-17 Can Am Celina July 23 Prop Nuts Wine Run August 2-6 NITRO NATS Evansville August 27 Quad Counties Sellersburg September 9.10.11 Indy Hobart September 24-25 RCRC Evansville Oct 1 Prop Walkers Madison
Last Edit: 4 years 6 days ago by Michael Schindler.
Moderators: Michael Schindler
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

MGBBanner1