Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2011 D12 Points Series is canceled

2011 D12 Points Series is canceled 3 years 1 month ago #389

• Don Ferrette
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey gang-
Well here's the bottom line- after much discussion over the last week and weekend it has been determined that attempting to re-run the twice cancelled 5th and final race is just not going to happen. As much as I hate to say it this will also result in canceling the 2011 Points Series. This has been a very difficult year for us all and I'm not happy that it turned out this way but it is what it is as it is not financially possible to purchase jackets nor fair to many of our D12 members who lost money not once but twice on non refundable hotel rooms. On top of that I have heard from a number of racers who had planned on attending the September date who will not be able to get the time off even if we could run it, we just need to take our lumps and move on into 2012. I plan to refund the fees already paid which will be easy as that has only been Capitol and Baltimore who paid as of this date and I would like to personally thank both clubs for paying within 10 days of the conclusion of their respective events, thanks fellas!! I also know that at least 3 clubs are hurting financially so being able to keep the district fees will help them out as well. And finally we all need to take a serious look at some re-structuring of classes for 2012 as clubs are losing money buying trophies for classes that do not fill or only have 3 boats run. Besides, 3 boat heats are no fun for the racers or spectators. Let's all get serious about a strong bounce back for 2012.
best regards to all my D12 friends,
-Don
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2011 D12 Points Series is canceled 3 years 1 month ago #390

Has anyone planned a fun run for the season end.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Don Ferrette
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

MGBBanner1